Back in July, when I launched this blog, I stated that I was going to post my original first post at a later time. When I first started my blog, I decided to dedicate my first post to Jillian Johnson and Mayci Breaux, the ladies whose lives were taken from them far too soon. Today, I present to you my original first post…untouched.
Hi, I’m Josie Ann, and this is my newest blog. Thanks for visiting me, I promise you won’t be disappointed. I stared (and avoided) the blank screen on my laptop for days, trying to think of the perfect first post. I guess starting off by introducing myself and my love for writing wouldn’t be such a bad start.
THE GIRL BEHIND THE SCREEN
Here are ten tidbits that I think you should know about me:
- I was born and raised (and still live) in a small town in Louisiana.
- I recently graduated from the Academy of Art University with an Associates of Arts in Writing for Film and Television. Yes, at one point in my life I aspired to be a screenwriter, until I fell in love with novel-writing after successfully completing NaNoWriMo back in 2012.
- I credit my late paternal uncle for my writing capabilities. Believe it or not, when he passed away back in 2009, before I started my first year at A.A.U., I almost gave up on my dream of writing.
- I’m addicted to junk food, ink pens, notebooks, fingernail polishes, and reality television.
- I’m an unofficial advocate for all things renal. When my father was diagnosed with renal failure four years ago, I educated myself about the disease and vowed to always bring awareness to the issue. (KIDNEY TIP: Always drink water, and limit your sodium intake.)
- I’m super close with my parents and sisters. Our family is so close that people used to find it odd how well we all got along.
- I find that I don’t fall under the “usual” author expectations. For example, I don’t drink coffee or tea…I”m more of a hot chocolate girl. I hate cats and dogs; give me a tank full of fish and I”m happy. Oh yeah, and about Ryan Gosling…can we replace his encouraging writing memes with Justin Timberlake?
- I’m a closet video game lover. Honestly, I’m not even allowed to play video games with anyone other than my siblings because I’m way too competitive.
- I can’t cook anything (other than a few pasta dishes) to save my life, but I can make a mean bread pudding.
- I’m lactose intolerant. Yep, that’s right. I can’t enjoy any of life’s pleasures such as ice cream, cheese on my pizza, or Sonic blasts!
Overall, I’m an easygoing girl, who loves helping others. I mean, after all, my senior class did vote me as Most Dependable (and Shyest).
With this blog, I hope to inspire aspiring writers. Also, I’d like to walk you through my journey of writing and self-publishing. Like the title of this post, I’m here to stay, and I hope you are as well.
For upcoming posts, I’ll be giving your more background on my upcoming novel, Sliding into Love, as well as helpful writing tips.
Feel free to leave me some tidbits about yourself as well.